Amanda and Tatiana visited a number of schools in March, including:
Navajo Pine High School, Tse’hoot’soi Middle School, Window Rock High School, Kayenta High School, and Many Farms High School. On this visit they led the following activities:
- Intersection Math – One of the many nice activities created by James Tanton.
- Rational Tangles – A common Math Circle activity based on a presentation the John Conway used to give.
- Didget Fidgets – An activity on decimal expansions by Sam Vandervelde.
- Tiling Problems – A classic math outreach activity.
- Nim Games and Dot Designs – An Activity by Amanda Sernevey.
- Fibonacci Tiling Patterns – Another classic.
- Orbit Stabilizer Theorem
- Distances – An activity by Tatiana Shubin
Hand-outs may be found below.
Download the jtantonintersectionmath
Download the Tiling PDF
Download the tangle PDF
Download the Digit Fidgets PDF
Download the Nim_Games PDF
Download the Distances PDF
Download the Orbit_Stabilizer_Theorem_ChartPDF